Thursday, November 4, 2010

Letter to the Editor

Buckley's Village,
St John's,
Antigua,
4th, November, 2010

The Editor Manager
The Daily Observer
Coolidge
P.O.Box 1318
St.John's
Antigua.

Dear Editor,
              
            I am writing this letter to inform you about a cruel act towards a Rastafarian by the name of John Power better known as Brother Man which to place on Orange Lane in which I was a witness and yet still I am extremely astonished of their behavior towards him . He was a religious and spiritual man who would lend a helping hand to his friends and his enemies also he was loving, kind hearted and a giving person. This cruel act which Brother Man received was an act of unfairness because they attacked his because of his way of living and how he presented himself within the neighbourhood.
          Hence I strongly believe that this brutal act needs special attention before another attack repeats itself because wrong judgement were made on Brother Man thinking he was a rapist and a thief as a result of his way of living. Judging a man by the way he looks is far beyond the point to stone him since everyone has their own opinion of how to dress, speak and act within one's community. I am highly shock to know that some villagers would do such an act in which sad to say i couldn't be of assist to him. For this reason I suggest that justice needs to be serve and as an editor it gives me great pleasure to see you read my letter of concern.

yours, sincerely
A concerned citizen  


No comments:

Post a Comment